The Oilers are saying
"Every time you lose a player of that calibre, it hurts your team. Guys are going to have to step up and fill his role. He's one of our leaders, he's a tremendous player and we're all going to have to step up and make sure that we cover for him."
That's Oilers forward Leon Draisaitl on losing Jordan Eberle from the lineup for the next four to six weeks.
Much has been bandied about concerning Jordan Eberle's ceiling, but there's absolutely no doubt that losing Jordan Eberle for up to six weeks is a tough pill to swallow. Neon Leon might be the beneficiary of a lineup change, as he was seen skating with Taylor Hall and Connor McDavid on the top line.
The Opponent is saying
"I got in the doghouse and had to crawl my way out of it. It puts you in a tough spot. It doesn't matter how many times it happens, it's always going to be in the back of your head. But if you're going to make a mistake, make it moving your feet or moving up on the fly. You can't play passive." Source
- WILL YOU BE ABLE TO SEE THIS GAME? Yes. It's on Sportsnet 360 tonight. It's not a terrible stream available to those only in Leduc, or maybe not. It's on TV tonight. Thank you.
- ANTON LANDER is a scoring machine, at least in the preseason. As of yesterday, he led individual preseason scoring with 5 goals. Not bad for a guy who was waived last year at this time.
- Speaking of Lander, he'll be paired up with Nail Yakupov on the third line tonight. Really thought Yakupov would have gotten the bounce with Eberle injured, but it might not be such a bad thing with Lander scoring everything in sight. He'll be with Slepyshev, who has been a pleasant surprise so far this camp.
- Cam Talbot is getting the nod tonight for the Oilers.
- Vancouver: still hasn't won a thing ever. Sorry, Raffi.