|46-18-9, 1.5 p/g||Ranks||25-38-9, .82 p/g|
|Western Conference: 2nd||Western Conference: 14th|
The Oilers allowed an eight spot to Calgary on Saturday. You might be hesitant to use the word 'disaster' in these circumstances. but "unmitigated dumpster fire" is probably a more accurate description. The team is likely going to finish with fewer than 30 wins on the season, they're headed towards the draft lottery once again, Oilers broadcasting legend Rod Phillips took to Twitter about how this game was "the low point" of the season, players are throwing water bottles, and fans are hurling Oiler jerseys to the ice once again. It's a good thing there are only ten games remaining in this regular season, I don't think anyone can take much more than that.
The Oilers are saying
"He got driven into the net off a rush and banged his head. He wasn't concussed or anything, but I guess (he) sprained his neck. He's going to go see the docs and if we have to call someone up, we will"
That's Oilers coach Dallas Eakins on the status of goaltender Viktor Fasth, who was injured after a collision with Anton Lander during Monday's practice. The good news is that Fasth didn't suffer a concussion, the bad news is that it's more likely a "sprained neck". Of course.
Laurent Brossoit will serve as backup to Ben Scrivens tonight.
The Opponent is saying
"He blocked a shot, I don't know if he will play tomorrow, but he's fine."
- 8 (2-6) in nine games. Uh-oh, he's a bust. What an enigma, or something.
- This is the fourth of five meetings between the Sharks and Oilers this season. The Oilers are 1-2 against the Sharks this year. You'll likely remember the last time these clubs hooked up, as Ben Scrivens stopped each and every shot in a 59 shot onslaught. The two teams meet once more in April.
- Ben Scrivens (6-7, .927) will start for the Oilers tonight. Please refrain from throwing articles of clothing onto the ice surface during play or otherwise. Ben Scrivens will throw them back at you.
- Expect Antti Niemi (35-14-7, .914) to get the start for San Jose, as Alex Stalock got the start last night in Calgary.
- Nail Yakupov and Jesse Joensuu will again be out with ankle injuries.
- Anton Belov could get in tonight after being out with a torn oblique.
- Per Sharks coach Todd McLellan, Logan Couture is a question mark for the Sharks tonight.
Joe Pavelski - Joe Thornton - Brent Burns
Patrick Marleau - Logan Couture - Matthew Nieto
Tommy Wingels - James Sheppard - Martin Havlat
Tyler Kennedy - Andrew Desjardins - Adam Burish
Marc-Edouard Vlasic - Jason Demers
Matt Irwin - Dan Boyle
Brad Stuart - Justin Braun
The Edmonton Oilers
Taylor Hall - Sam Gagner - David Perron
Anton Lander - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Jordan Eberle
Matt Hendricks - Boyd Gordon - Tyler Pitlick
Luke Gazdic - Ryan Smyth - Ryan Jones
Andrew Ference - Justin Schultz
Martin Marincin - Jeff Petry
Oscar Klefbom - Mark Fraser