If you don't like negativity against the Oilers then STOP READING NOW!
That is 11 in a row! 11 Games without a win! The Oilers were beat by Pavelec! PAVELEC! Seriously WTF? This is a joke. Enjoy the summary.
- 20:00 - 7:30 - There were no real chances for either side until this point. The best opportunity came for the Oilers when Mark Acrobello was almost sent in alone but Adam Pardy stretched out and knocked the puck off of his stick
- 7:28 GOAL - Jacob Trouba scores after the Oilers get caught in the offensive zone. Mathieu Perreault skates in 2 on 1 and catches the trailer Trouba with a drop pass.
- 2:01 GOAL - Justin Schultz gains the zone and drops it back to Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. Nugent-Hopkins takes a shot from the point and it beats Ondrej Pavelec.
- 18:50 - Jordan Eberle srtips Zach Bogosian of the puck at the Jets blue line and walks in all alone but can’t beat Pavelec
- 16:47 - Teddy Purcell gains the zone and tries to take a shot but it gets blocked. The puck trickles to David Perron who gets a shot away but Pavelec stops him
- 7:46 - Luke Gazdic jumps on a loose puck and gets a good shot away
- 1:40 - Gazdic and Anthony Peluso fight
- 1:03 PP - Andrew Ladd gets a cross checking penalty on David Perron
- 18:29 GOAL - Perron with Pardy draped over him forces his way infront of the net and gets a quick shot off to beat Pavelec.
- 10:25 - Leon Draisaitl and Nail Yakupov break out on a 2 on 1. Draisaitl makes a nice pass over to Yakupov but he ends up hitting the side of the net.
- 8:40 - Taylor Hall takes Trouba out and the puck goes to Nugent-Hopkins. He gets a great shot away but ends up hitting the post.
- 5:42 - Schultz streaks in with the puck and feathers a pass to Eberle in the slot but again Pavelec stones him
- 3:06 GOAL - Trouba makes a cross ice pass to Mark Stuart. He takes a shot from the point that goes off of Dustin Byfuglien and in. Andrew Ference just can’t handle him.
- 4:43 GOAL - So ya Trouba loves the Oilers. Byfuglien pounds the puck in around the boards and Evander Kane stops it and passes it back to Trouba. Trouba then shoots it from the point and Perreault tips it past Ben Scrivens.
Who cares! This was the Oilers best chance at getting a win in December and they blew it. If you are sadistic you can see the Oilers get their asses handed to them for the next 4 games in a row.
I for one feel really bad because I bought tickets to the December 12th game against the Anaheim Ducks for my son's 6th birthday. It will be his first hockey game ever and I won't blame him if he starts cheering for his mom's team the Flames soon there after. What a pathetic joke.