- 12:52 GOAL - Joe Colborne scores after Paul Byron takes a shot on Viktor Fasth. The rebound goes to the corner but Fasth is turned around looking for the puck. Meanwhile Justin Schultz decides he doesn’t really need to push Colborne off the puck and allows him to walk in and score on an empty net.
- 11:28 GOAL - Johnny Gaudreau scores after the Oilers’ 4th line can’t cleat the puck which leads to a very long possession by the Flames. Just as the Oilers get control a pass is made to David Perron up the middle but he can’t control the puck. It jumps straight to Gaudreau who makes no mistake.
- 11:12 GOAL - Gaudreau again. This time another bad give away and the Flames are up 3-0.
- 8:36 4v5 - Perron for slashing - Drawn by Granlund
- 6:03 5v4 - Garnlund for tripping - Drawn by Perron
- 0:00 5v4 - Byron for tripping - Drawn by Brad Hunt
- 14:24 5v4 - Deryk Engelland for hi-sticking - Drawn by Nail Yakupov
Yep not much else to report other than the Oilers outshot the Flames 13-3 but couldn’t do anything with their attempts.
- 15:37 GOAL - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, while tied up by Mark Giordano, gets his stick on the puck and defelects it past Jonas Hiller. Point shot came from Justin Schultz.
- 13:37 4v5 - Petry for slashing - Drawn by Jones
- 11:59 - 23 seconds left in the Flames PP and the puck bounces out to Monahan after Scrivens went down to make the initial stop. Somehow his shot hits the crossbar even though he had a wide open net.
- 11:36 Penalties - After a scrum Dennis Wideman, Sean Monahan, Matt Hendricks and Andrew Ference all take roughing penatlies
- 9:43 GOAL - Curtis Glencross scores after Giordano sprints from the bench to keep the puck in and gets it to Matt Stajan. Stajan from behind the net makes a pass to Glencross who makes no mistake.
- 7:12 4v5 - Taylor Hall for unsportsman like conduct
- 18:59 5v4 - Too Many Men
- 19:30 5v3 - Wideman for Delay of Game
Well Johnny Gaudreau looks like the real deal. He plays quite well and if it wasn't for his size would've been probably been at least a second round pick. The guy plays well and I really applaud Calgary for drafting such a great talent so late (104 overall in 2011).
As for the Oilers. Whatever this game was done before 10 minute mark of the first period. Goaltending has done nothing but bury this team. The netminders are now up to 118GA in 36 games. As I mentioned the other day that is 1980s level goaltending. It's brutal.
Up next the Oilers get to take on the LA Kings so be prepared for a 10 - 20 goal difference in that game.