Coming into tonight's game the Coyotes had won 11 games 4 of which came against the Edmonton Oilers. Once again the Oilers wouldn't disappoint their Pacific Division rivals and once again bad goaltending to start the game would seal the Oilers fate.
- 18:16 GOAL - Sam Gagner skates up the right wing with the puck. Teddy Purcell had him covered but he was able to get a bad angle shot away which ends up going 5-hole on Scrivens.
- 15:00 GOAL - Martin Erat scores from the point after Oscar Klefbom tries to stop the puck with his skate. Instead he redirects it past Ben Scrivens. Viktor Fasth comes in as relief.
- 13:42 GOAL - Justin Schultz takes a shot from the point that is heading wide but BJ Crombeen tips it past Devan Dubnyk.
- 11:21 - Steve Pinizzotto & Kyle Chipchura fight
- 5:49 5v4 - Erat for hooking - Drawn by Leon Draisaitl
- 2:13 5v4 - Gagner for slashing - Drawn by Jeff Petry
- 0:38 5v3 - Zbynek Michalek for boarding - Drawn by Taylor Hall
- 19:22 - Oilers waste their power play spending most of the remaining time in their own zone
- 16:23 4v5 - Luke Gazdic for boarding - Drawn by Connor Murphy
- 14:43 4v4 - Yandle for holding - Drawn by Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
- 14:22 5v4
- 12:06 GOAL - Keith Yandle scores after the Oilers defense breaks down and no one is around to take him
- 15:53 GOAL - Another goal off of Klefbom from Brandon Gormley
- 15:40 GOAL - Another goal for Gagner as he redirects Gormley’s shot from the point
- 7:33 5v4 - Chipchura for tripping - Drawn by Schultz
- 4:43 4v5 - Nail Yakupov for interference - Drawn by Chipchura
- 4:23 4v4 - Erat for elbowing - Drawn by Klefbom
- 0:14 4v4 - Murphy and David Perron get incidental minors
The Real Highlights
This team is pathetic. There is nothing more I can say than that. More jerseys were thrown on the ice and this fan base will probably be scolded by someone on the team for disrespecting the jersey.
The following Tweets by Ryan Batty & Tyler Hupka were the highlights of the night.
Soon to be one win in twenty games for the #Oilers. Unbelievable.— Ryan Batty (@ryan_batty) December 24, 2014
The original Death March was one win in 19. The official start of the rebuild was one in 20. And now this. Nine straight years of suck.— Ryan Batty (@ryan_batty) December 24, 2014
Gagner would be a nice bridge at center to allow Draisaitl to go back to junior. Maybe offer up a winger like Purcell. Wait, what?— Tyler Hupka (@HBomb1982) December 24, 2014
Arizona vs teams not from Edmonton: 7-18-4. Arizona vs the Oilers: 5-0-0.— Ryan Batty (@ryan_batty) December 24, 2014
The Coyotes are a 50 point team against the rest of the league. And perfect when playing the Oilers.— Ryan Batty (@ryan_batty) December 24, 2014
I hope to see Gagner have an nine point night against the Oilers someday. I think I'd enjoy that.— Ryan Batty (@ryan_batty) December 24, 2014
There are so many things wrong with this Oilers team. And I really doubt that much changes over the next six months.— Ryan Batty (@ryan_batty) December 24, 2014
So much fun to be had by disgruntled Oilers fans.