Today's game was like as episode of Sesame Street. I could imagine the count sitting there counting the goals against after the Oilers went up 5-2. Three goals... ah ha ha ah. Four goals... ah ha ha ah... Five goals ah ha ha ah. It was the perfect example of how bad the Oilers defense is and how worse their goaltending is. After the Oilers made it 4-2 Dallas poured it on and poured it on hard. They beat the Oilers into submission exposing weakness after weakness.
Enjoy these Highlights
- 17:12 PP - Jamie Benn drives over Ben Scrivens
- 17:02 GOAL - Eberle takes a shot from up high while Purcell is creating the screen. The rebound goes out to the open side. Hall jumps on it and buries it from a sharp angle.
- 13:24 GOAL - Shawn Horcoff scores driving to the net. Hunt doesn’t take him at all which allows for the goal against.
- 12:30 - Ales Hemsky dances out with the puck and fools everyone but can’t get the puck to Spezza.
- 10:21 - Justin Schultz’s shot gets blocked and bounces out. Schultz makes an interesting play knowing that he won’t be able to win the foot race to the puck. He chops it towards his own zone hoping Scrivens will be able to get to it first. Scrivens does mishandles it and almost allows a goal against.
- 9:40 GOAL - Hemsky starts the rush and tries to get a shot off but Ference blocks it right onto the stick of Eric Cole who makes no mistake and beats Scrivens.
Early on in the period the Oilers played well. Even after scoring their goal the Oilers had some pressure. After Horcoff scored the Oilers ended up sitting back.
- 19:49 GOAL - Teddy Purcell playing on the top line finally pays off. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins off of the faceoff battles for the puck and gets it to Purcell. Purcell’s first shot it blocked but he connects on his second whack at it.
- 19:10 - The puck bounces out for Yakupov but he just can’t get a handle on it right infront of the net.
- 17:16 GOAL - Mark Arcobello scores off of a rebound after Petry blasts it from the point.
- 16:00 - Exiting the zone Schultz makes an unforced turn over to Tyler Seguin. Seguin gets the puck over to Spezza who outs it off of the crossbar
- 11:24 - Boyd Gordon and Antoine Roussell fight after a Gordon and Roussell collide in
- 10:40 GOAL - Mark Arcobello scores again after Steve Pinizzotto’s shot is stopped. Arcobello rushes to the slot and puts it past Leihtonen. Anders Lindback comes in for relief after the goal.
- 6:43 GOAL - Hall, not wanting to be shown up by Arcobello, blocks the shot from the Stars then chases it down and puts it through Lindback’s legs.
- 6:29 4v4 - Both Demers & Yakupov take penalties. Dallas played the 4v4 like they had a power play.
- 1:26 PK - Boyd Gordon takes a holding penalty on Spezza
- 0:20 GOAL - Seguin gets the puck down low to Jason Spezza. Spezza makes a pass across to Jamie Benn. Scrivens tries to make a play with his stick and over commits. Benn scores up high on Scrivens.
The Oilers came out strong yet again but let up after Arcobello scored his second. The Oilers next possession event for after that was Taylor Hall’s goal almost 3:30 later and the only had 1 more shot attempt the rest of the period. Dallas came on strong after the Arcobello goal and really ran away with the possession game.
- 19:08 GOAL - Seguin takes a shot that Scrivens stops but Seguin picks up his own rebound and with Scrivens on the ice Seguin puts it away. It went for review because Roussell appeared to make some contact on Scrivens but the goal stands.
- 18:20 PK - Tyler Pitlick clears the puck over the glass
- 10:47 GOAL - Seguin ties the game after a full 10 minutes of possession.
- 6:02 - Checking in to tell you where this game is at at this point. Shots are 13 - 4 in the 3rd for Dallas.
Not much really. The Stars had an early chance and the Oilers countered with a chance of their own but nothing came of it.
- Jason Spezza - Stopped
- Hall - Stopped
- Tyler Seguin - GOAL
- David Perron - Stopped
- Jamie Benn - Stopped
- Eberle - GOAL
- Trevor Daley - Stopped
- Matt Hendricks - Stopped (lost the puck)
- Ales Hemsky - Stopped
- Nugent-Hopkins - Post
- Vern Fiddler - GOAL
- Purcell - GOAL
- Jordie Benn - Stopped
- Arcobello - Missed
- Shawn Horcoff - GOAL
- Lander - Stopped
Yep that's right 8 rounds against a bad goalie luckily for Dallas they faced pretty much the same goalie. At least we are almost through December guys. Just a few more games.