|6-14-2, 14 points, .636 p/g||Ranks||14-5-2, 30 points, .1.428 p/g|
|Western Conference - 14th||Western Conference - 3rd|
Still Without A Win In The West
The Oilers made the last one a helluva lot more interesting than Saturday's debacle in Edmonton, but still were unable to overcome the Stars in Dallas. A pair of goals for Tyler Seguin and a 70-foot first period marker by John Klingberg gave the Dallas Stars a 3-2 victory over the hapless Oilers. Boyd Gordon scored a gritty shorthanded goal late in the first, and Taylor Hall scored his 100th career NHL goal in the third period, but the Oilers had a few, uh, memorable moments that aided in their undoing.
The Oilers remain winless agianst the West (0-11-1). They'll face a daunting task in facing a Nashville squad that's leading the Central division. Let's go!
The Oilers are saying
"I thought we battled back, but like I said once again, we're chasing, we're behind the eight ball, and that's not how you win games, especially in the Western Conference"
That's Oilers forward Jordan Eberle after Tuesday's 3-2 loss to the Dallas Stars
The Oilers didn't hold the lead at any time in Tuesday's loss. Things got off to a shaky start after Oilers goaltender Viktor Fasth yielded a goal from the red line, and like Eberle suggested, the team was chasing the Stars all night. Nashville will no doubt prove to be a tough task for these Oilers, who have gone winless in their last seven (0-6-1). Edmonton's seven game losing streak started off against the Predators on November 11th, when they were defeated by a 3-2 margin.
The Opponent is saying
"He's a good guy to work with. He's eager to learn more, he's eager to keep working hard and it's a good combination. Any kind of success you have, it's always based on hard work. That's what we try to build our foundation on with him and it's been good"
- Dallas' Ryan Garbutt will have a disciplinary hearing today for this ugly knee on Taylor Hall. Garbutt is a repeat offender. Five games is my guess.
- Anyone see Boyd Gordon's goal? Just drive on up to that net and put it in on your own rebound.Yeah, the team's shorthanded, but you've got this. Solid all around.
- Oilers have recalled Oscar Klefbom. Is this the time when Justin Schultz finally catches the pine? After that silly excuse for a line change on Dallas' second goal, the time is now.
- Luke Gazdic made his triumphant return to the Oilers lineup against his former club. He was on the third line with Nail Yakupov and Leon Draisaitl for a total ice time of 3:42. Stop wasting my time with this.
- The goalie carousel is spinning wildly right now. Fasth got the start in Dallas, so I'd venture to say it's a safe guess that Ben Scrivens will get the go tonight for les Oilers.
- The Oilers are still winless against the Western Conference (0-11-1). Tonight, that all changes. (drinks)
- Finally, here's a nine minute segment of Taylor Hall's first 100 goals with the Edmonton Oilers. It'll give your mind a pleasant distraction from another mind-numbing season of Oilers hockey.