|8-9-2, 18 points, 1.334 p/g
|6-11-2, 14 points, .778 p/g
|Eastern Conference - 12th
|Western Conference - 14th
This Is Not Enough Broccolis
The Oilers hung four goals on Vancouver. They've done that twice this season now. It still isn't enough, as Yannick Weber scored his first of the season five minutes after Andrew Ference (!) knotted it up at 4. Credit to the Oilers for not folding like a chair after going down 2-nil and 3-1. They even made it exciting when it was tied up at three, but this was the fourth time in four games that our best friends from Vancouver took two points out of Oiler hide.
An Eastern Conference team is in the house tonight. Every Oiler victory has come against an Eastern club this year. How YOU doin'?
The Oilers are saying
"A different mix, a little different mix. We think that Nuge has hit a spot where he can carry a line and we know that Taylor can carry a line too. Will there be times where we throw that line back together? Absolutely"
The Opponent is saying
"We've got to find a way to get a power-play goal. Someone's got to get a goal for us. That's the bottom line"
- Ethan Moreau really became a goat towards the end of his run with the Oilers, and I was absolutely blown away that the Columbus Blue Jackets took a chance on him via the waiver wicket. Pencil me even more surprised that the Oilers were able to trade Will Acton to the Canucks. Even more shell-shocked: they were able to acquire a player in return. That player is Kellen Lain, a winger who has nine games in the NHL at age 25. If I know this team like I think I know this team, he's the next call-up if something happens to Pinizzotto and Co. (The "Co." is Luke Gazdic. Shhhhhh.)
- Seriously, how does a conversation about trading Will Acton even begin? "We've got these oily rags for sale here. Oh, we could throw in Will Acton. Would that work for you?"
- Martin Marincin is back on the blue line tonight. Keith Aulie will be eatin' the popcorn. I wonder if Aulie even likes popcorn.
- Viktor Fasth gets the start tonight. Fasth will look for his first win since November 9th when he and the Oilers staked a victory against the Rangers.
- Steve Pinizzotto scored a goal and an assist, and he fought which had my Twitter feed lighting up with talk about the Gordie Howe Hat Trick. Score two points every night, Steve, and you can be my Yoko Ono. (Eventually you're going to break up the Beatles, Steve. Tread lightly.)
- Hey there, New Jersey Devils. What's it going to take to get Adam Larsson off your hands? I've got a Nikita Nikitin, all for you. Don't all jump at once.
- Jaromir Jagr is 42 years of age and he leads the New Jersey Devils Professional Hockey Club in scoring. Shine on, you mad Czech.