|12-6-0, 24 points, 1.334 p/g
|6-10-2, 14 points, .778 p/g
|Western Conference - 5th
|Western Conference - 13th
Hall Is Not Enough
The Coyotes got goals from Brandon Gormley and Mikkel Boedker, while Devan Dubnyk turned aside 33 of 34 shots for the Arizona Coyotes as they defeated the Oilers 2-1 on Sunday night. Taylor Hall made his return to the lineup well ahead of schedule after suffering a sprained MCL, and he produced a goal with around six minutes remaining in the third period. The Oilers are going to have to score more than one goal a game in roder to secure victories, so this one gets away to
the Jets Phoenix Arizona. Whatever.
The Oilers are saying
"No comment. Dallas has been great, and he's been a guy that I've learned a lot from, so that's a pretty stupid question, really"
The Opponent is saying
"You never want to stew on that too long, that's a bad memory, we needed a little time off, but now we gotta make sure we're ready when the game starts"
- A weeknight game at six PM? What the hell?
- The Oilers have faced off against the Canucks three times already in this young season. They took one to overtime. Half a surprise is better than none, I suppose.
- Oilers last win was on 09 November in New York. They're still looking for a victory against a Western Conference team. I'd take a victory against a Junior B team right now.
- Zack Kassian is scheduled to return for Vancouver tonight after a five game absence due to a knee injury. He'll be perched on the third line next to Brad Richardson and Shawn Matthias. Friends forever.
- "FIXING" THE FOURTH - It's gonna be Steve Pinizzotto in tonight for Jesse Joensuu. Stop tweaking the fourth line. Honestly, I'm shocked that Gazdic isn't in with Kassian returning.
- BETWEEN SOME PIPES - Ben Scrivens looked pretty good last game. He gets the start tonight, it'll be his third consecutive. He's fared well (.932 SV%) in two losses to Vancouver. Ryan Miller is expected to get the start tonight for the Canucks.
Why is the Oiler game at 6?
— Cory (@Parksy1867) November 19, 2014