|3-1-1, 7 points, 1.4 p/g||Ranks||0-4-1, 1 point, .2 p/g|
|Eastern Conference - 5th||Western Conference - 14th|
Your Time Is Gonna Come
The Oilers were unable to score any goals in Friday's 2-0 defeat at the hands of the Canucks. Including Friday's zero goal affair, the Oilers have amassed just eleven goals in five games this season, putting them at 25th in goals per game. Only Boston, Florida, Buffalo, Colorado and Winnipeg are averaging fewer goals per game than the Oilers so far this year, and you've got to figure that Boston isn't going to be in this particular company for very much longer.
The Oilers are still looking for victory number 1. Tonight, they'll have their hands full as the Lightning visit RX1
The Oilers are saying
"Huntsy's done a great job but we do have to weigh five-on-five play. We feel Nikitin's coming up to speed now. He got hurt in camp and that held him back a little bit but we feel he can take the minutes on that second power play right now"
- Nikita Nikitin's ankle wasn't in very good shape when the season started, but an injured Nikitin was supposedly better than Klefbom, or any other available defenceman on the team.
- Brad Hunt is a little better than an injured Nikita Nikitin. Hunt got some PP2 time to start the year off, but now that Coach "feel(s) he (Nikitin) can take the minutes on that second power play right now", Hunt catches the bench.
- It's come to the coach's attention that Brad Hunt's 5 on 5 isn't very good. (Side note: Brad Hunt's 5 on 4 isn't very good either)
- A healthy Brad Hunt is better than a healthy Jeff Petry. Or, so it was implied.
The Opponent is saying
You need to have depth in this league, I think probably every NHL team probably plays, guaranteed ten defencemen during the year, at a minimum.
- 6/9 - After tonight, the Oilers will have three more games to decide whether or not they'll keep Leon Draisaitl on the big club. It's too early to trot out Anton Lander or Will Acton as a full time thing, isn't it?
- The Lightning will be without a big piece on defence for the rest of their road trip, as Victor Hedman blocked a shot with his hand in Vancouver. Luke Witkowski has been recalled from Syracuse (AHL)
- Ference on the top line with Petry? Oh.
- Jonathan Drouin is expected to play in his first game of the season for the Lightning tonight.
- Luke Gazdic has been cleared for contact. I'm sure Jesse Joensuu has already been advised.