|0-1-1, 1 point, .5 p/g||Ranks||1-1-1, 3 points, 1.0 p/g|
|Western Conference - 14th||Western Conference - 7th|
Three Held From Practice Including A Bruised Nuge
Teddy Purcell, Jordan Eberle and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins didn't practice with the team yesterday, and the Oilers have called up Bogdan Yakimov in what looks like a contingency plan should 93 be unable to go. The Oilers have sent Oscar Klefbom to OKC in order to make room for Yakimov. The Oilers are in Los Angeles looking for their first win of the season, and the Oilers' top C is questionable to play. I've got to admit, I expected there to be some roster turmoil this year, but I was hoping it would be later than game 3 before we potentially saw it.
The Oilers are saying
He took a big hit there right before the fight and took a few whacks as well during the game. He’s kind of bruised up all over
"He took a big hit there right before the fight and took a few whacks as well during the game. He's kind of bruised up all over"
That's Oilers coach Dallas Eakins on Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, who is questionable for Tuesday's game versus LA.
Is this the post that I take management to task for being unable to sign a stopgap centre for the next year or two? Man, I was hoping I would be able to save that one up for, oh, December, or November, or in two weeks. I'm going to try to save it. If 93 can't do it in LA, maybe he'll be able to do it on Wednesday in Arizona? Trying to put it all together. Arcobello-Draisaitl-Yakimov-Gordon? Hold please.
My name is Jeff. I'm an Oilers fan, and it's game three of the regular season. I really hope 93 is ready to go on Tuesday night.
The Opponent is saying
"It's part and parcel with the team, not with me. It's a good team"
- If this tweet by Jack Michaels holds any water, the OIlers might consider inserting Darnell Nurse into the lineup against the Kings. Personally I think I would've maybe given him a shot against Calgary, but that's why they call the shots and I don't.
- Paging Mr. Marincin. Mr. Marincin.
- Through two games, the Oilers are putting the puck on net. That's a good thing. They've averaged 34.5 shots in two games, well above last year's season average of 26.9. Love those small sample sizes.
- What the hell is Jeff Petry doing at the bottom of this TOI list for defencemen?
- PROJECTED LINES - will be held off until this afternoon. Here's hoping all three of Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins and Purcell are skating today.