GLOBAL'S GOT IT
When I was a kid, I was a game show freak. A bout with the stomach flu surely wasn't much fun, but a nice consolation prize was being able to stay home from school and catch Al Dubois hosting Bumper Stumpers on Global. As a child, one of my dream jobs I wanted was to host my own game show. Unless I get that phone call from Family Feud (to host an episode where every answer is "Linus Omark"), it's not a likely scenario.
That is, until now.
WHO SAID IT?
The best games are simple, and this concept is a simple one.
Here's how to play: There'll be ten quotes. You have to guess whether the each quote was from either A) someone who works in the press, or B) someone who does not work in the press. "B" could be a fan, a blogger, a parent of a player. Anyone who isn't currently regarded as a paid member of the press could be "B".
The only rule? Don't cheat and search for the quote. Take your best guesses.
HOW TO ANSWER
Answer in the comment section for each quote. One comment for all ten quotes will do nicely, and to keep formatting nice and simple, answer all in one line. Like this:
1) A , 2) B, 3) B...
and so on.
Answer "A" for a paid member of the press. Answer "B" for someone who isn't a paid member of the press. If you think Jason Strudwick said one of these comments last week, answer "A" because he's now a paid member of the press.
Spelling or improper capitalization may be corrected to avoid obvious tells. (Example, if I wrote BACK BACK BACK BACK BAWANGO you'd know it was @DonCherryParody)
Are you sitting comfortably? Then we'll begin...
1) "How about Kadri pays his dues? That would be a novel concept. Take $2.5M for one year and show last season not fluke."
2) "For our (Edmonton's) 1st round pick they'd (the Leafs would) give up Joe Colborne"
3) "I was looking forward to (Ryan) Smyth getting inside Teemu Hartikainen's head, to get him to play every shift like it was his last, to play more of a 200-foot game than just a cycling game, but Hartikainen decided he'd rather play in Russia, the second best league in the world, which seems a cop-out for a kid who isn't Russian, but maybe that's just me."
4) "Before Oilers sign Mueller, Grabovski, whoever, I they do video analysis of EVERY shot for/against for each guy in 2013. Due dillegence."
5) "I'm really surprised someone hasn't pushed hard for Grabovski yet. With RNH & Gagner, I don't see how he's interested in the Oilers"
6) "Slightly shocked Rob Schremp didn't get a look in the NHL after last 2 seasons"
7) "Not sure why folks are sounding the alarm over Leaf payroll situation. Lots of options, no rush to make a decision today."
8) "Ultimate circumvention as Devils make most of (Ilya Kovalchuk's) 6.7m cap disappear. Wonder if MVP Ovie tried same stunt as what the NHL position would be?"
9) "Hey Dave Nonis: Steve Mason has a better pedigree than James Reimer and costs less...you should trade for him."
10) "Toni Rajala certainly opened up some eyes this season. Skates better, hungrier than Linus Omark. Look forward to seeing him at training camp."
Answers to WHO SAID IT? will be revealed tomorrow in another post.
Good luck, and good guessing.