The Oilers have a heartbeat and the Sharks can't possibly be as bad as they've been over the last 10 games.
Expected Line Combinations
Shawn Horcoff - Ales Hemsky-
Nail Yakupov- -
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Jordan Eberle-
Ryan Smyth - Lennart Petrell-
Ladislav Smid - Jeff Petry
Scratches: Theo Peckham, Teemu Hartikainen, Mark Fistric
By The Numbers
Through 28 games, Sam Gagner has had a >=50% faceoff percentage 11 times. In 7 of those instances, he's been above 55%. 17 times, his faceoff percentage has been <50%. In 16 of those instances, he's gone <=40%.
By line, the Oilers shots per game:
Line 1: 7.2
Line 2: 6.9
Line 3: 6.1
Line 4: 2.5
At even strength:
Line 1: 5.2
Line 2: 5.0
Line 3: 4.0
Line 4: 1.9
- The Oilers have jumped up to 22nd in shots per game at 27.9
- The Oilers are 30th in shots against per game at 33.6
- The Oilers are last in shot differential per game at -5.7
- The biggest jump from one spot to another on the shot differential list is between Washington, 29th place at -4.4, and Edmonton in 30th place.
- Only two teams in the bottom ten in shot differential per game are currently in a playoff spot - Toronto and Anaheim.