- The Jets are playing in the second game of a back-to-back. They scored a single goal in a 2-1 loss to the Canucks in Vancouver last night. Now they're in Edmonton to take on what will likely be a surly team, and likely an even surlier crowd.
- Ondrej Pavelec is between the pipes for the Jets tonight. He was between the pipes for last night's game against Vancouver, too. Surprisingly (not surprisingly), his SV% is .882 on the tail end of back to backs. That's even lower than Devan Dubnyk's no good, very bad, horrible year.
- Had a chat with the always affable Lowetide this morning on TSN1260 where he informed me of Sam Gagner possibly shedding the face-shield. Not sure if this is a contributing factor to his awful start, but removing it can't hurt if Gagner's ready.
- I don't envy the Oilers right now. Heck, I really didn't envy them after Saturday night's debacle, but if you can't come out and lay a couple goals down on a team that's playing their second of a back-to-back, things will really begin to boil over.
- The coaching staff is on double secret probation with their lines. (that means they haven't leaked them yet). I'm assuming the Gazdic-Gagner-Yakupov thing is all done. Here's what I've got. If they change, you know the drill.