Last year's discussion on goal songs was compelling enough to bring it back for a second time. My annoyance with the repetition of goal music at Rexall, combined with some of the bizarre music choices throughout the game by the Rexall DJ led me to create a list of custom goal songs that best fit each individual player's skills or personality. Some of the songs were fitting and have made the list a second time, though I'm always open to suggestion. Except about Cannonball and Tubthumping, those two are perfect. I've got the working list after the jump, and your suggestions will fill in the rest.
|4||Taylor Hall||Cannonball||The Breeders|
|16||Darcy Hordichuk||Street Fighting Man||The Rolling Stones|
|24||Theo Peckham||Boom Boom||Big Head Todd & The Monsters
|89||Sam Gagner||Suffragette City||David Bowie
|91||Magnus Paajarvi||Oh Boy||Peps Persson|
|Goal Against||Sway||Rolling Stones|
- "Suffragette City" only works if the DJ uses the "AWWWWWWWWWWW, wham, bam, thank you Sam!" clip linked to above.
- Frequent commenter Yeti nominated Rod Stewart's "Maggie May" for Magnus Paajarvi, for obvious reasons. I think I'll stick with Paajarvi's favorite song instead.
- "Magic Man" by Heart was the only suggestion I received for Ales Hemsky last year. We can certainly do better than that.
- Anton Lander has an issue. His favorite song is Journey's "Don't Stop Believing", but anyone familiar with Detroit's arena music knows this isn't a possibility. His nickname is "Lampan", which is Swedish for "The Lamp", so that might help inspire a suggestion or two.
- Like Lander, Nugent-Hopkins has a Detroit issue. Using the Motor City Madman's music for Nugent-Hopkins is a nod to the Red Wings - the kid needs his own non-Detroit music.