Below is a list of combined save percentages rank in the NHL since the lockout based on qualifed goalies with more than a single season. Highlighted in red are the goalies that have played for a pennant.
There are some really interesting things in here.
- None of the top 10 goalies here have played for a pennant.
- Three of the top 10 goalies were backups this year.
- Three of the top 10 goalies played for Minnesota in this time frame.
- Marty Turco is just stealing money from the Dallas Stars. Really. He should give some money back. They were nuts to trade Mike Smith.
- Unless Manny Legace just fell off of a cliff this year, he deserves a shot at some work next year. His track record is too good not to have a job.
- When Spector starts talking out of his ass about Horcoff's contract being the worst in the NHL the next time, someone needs to have him take a long, hard look at the deals that were given to Jose Theodore, Marty Turco and Evgeni Nabokov.
- Jason LaBarbera never should have hit waivers this year. He deserves a regular job as well.
- Miikka Kiprusoff is...on...the...long...slow...trip...to...outrageously...overpaid...backup. .923, .917, .906, .903...
- Someone at LT's joint mentioned that Cam Ward is the new Chris Osgood. I might buy that.