The Spirit of the Lord is among us,
for he has anointed us to bring good news to fans in need.
He has sent comfort to the heartbroken
and proclaims an end to our suffering.
It is time to tell those in mourning
that the time of God's favor has arrived!
All who still feel enough to shed a tear in Edmonton,
will soon be crowned with glory.
So let today be filled with joy instead of sadness,
for there is one who plays for the last time
that the Lord calls us to remember forever.
Rexall Place, 8:00 p.m. MST
The Race to the Bottom (It's Happening Again):
Visiting Team Scouting Report: There has been a whole lot of talk about what model the Edmonton Oilers are trying to follow. Is it the Blackhawks model? The Red Wings? The Penguins? Well, the Vancouver Canucks seem to be moving towards the Edmonton model in hiring Trevor Linden as their new Kevin Lowe. It's the kind of thing that seems like it could work in some situations, and I hope for Linden's sake that it does because when it goes sour it can go really sour. Just ask Kevin Lowe.
Hall - Nugent-Hopkins - Eberle
Smyth - Gagner - Perron
Pitlick - Lander - Larsen
Hendricks - Acton -Pinizzotto
Marincin - Petry
Klefbom - Schultz
Fraser - Belov
Vancouver Canucks (35-34-11):
Sedin - Sedin - Jensen
Burrows - Kesler - Hansen
Higgins - Richardson - Kassian
Booth - Matthias - Sestito
Edler - Bieksa
Hamhuis - Weber
Corrado - Stanton
By The Numbers:
- Ryan Smyth always took things one game at a time.
- Ryan Smyth always played a full sixty minutes.
- Ryan Smyth loved getting traffic in front and putting pucks on net because when you get traffic in front and put pucks on net, good thing happen.
- Ryan Smyth had better score just one more power play goal tonight.
- Ryan Smyth always gave 110%. Truly. We'll miss you, Smytty.