Jerome Miron-USA TODAY Sports
The Oilers need 9 more points in the next 7 games, preferably against Detroit, Nashville, and Minnesota. Getting two out of a beaten up St. Louis team would just be a bonus.
Andy McDonald, Alexander Steen or Vladimir Tarasenko in the lineup last night and that line has been the soft minutes killers for the Blues this year. David Backes and T.J. Oshie have provided cover while Hitchcock has allowed the soft minutes line 60+% Ozone starts.Report: The Blues didn't have any of
Expected Line Combinations
Scratches: Magnus Paajarvi, Mark Fistric, Corey Potter
By The Numbers
- Edmonton still has the best special teams in the league with an STE of 109.9 but falling. The Islanders are 2nd at 108, and St. Louis is 3rd at 107.9.
- The Blues have the best shot differential in the league, the Oilers are 29th.
- Ales Hemsky has 21 points in 25 career games against the Blues
- Sam Gagner has 15 points in 17 career games against the Blues
- St. Louis' even strength save percentage stands at .892, led by Brian Elliott's amazing .863. This is just one season after the Blues posted .941 and Elliot posted .945 - alchemy, folks. Alchemy.
- With the collapse of the goaltender, note that no one is nominating Ken Hitchcock for the Adams Trophy, but everyone is nominating Joel Quenneville, because his two goalies' combined even strength save percentages are .944. The Adams trophy should be awarded to the goalie that wins it for the coach.