In Part I it was made clear people are not commodities, and other basics are here, as on the free movement of goods market. Also, the legal basis for another, so improvement ("give me another
actor with the skills of your promise, because he can not or will not") or return of the actor is not possible. If the wrong player is obligated, only to the trade or buy-out is the way out. With the financial consequences and limitations in the quality of the team, to a reduced budget.
Part II pointed to the asymmetry between GM and agent. The GM usually has only superficial knowledge of an actor and often relies on others to complete a deal. If sufficient trust and reputation and not much at the game, from the business to economic instruments are used to reduce risk and increase the chances of success.Part III: Market analysis and market research
A: Prediction (forthcoming)
Market analysis can be either internal or external market data. After this kind of situations can be distinguished in public opinion polls (opinions) and data (facts).
• the actors are just short and is not yet available, the price rises.
• If the team apart or in difficult climatic regions, a surcharge must be paid.
• Has been the team in recent years, poor and low expectations, is to be expected with rising prices.
• Is a good chance at the playoffs or Stanley Cup, prices fall.
In contrast to market risk analysis in particular, personnel and staff development are in their own company to the decisive factors, the actions on the job market make it necessary.
It can identify five basic types of personal risk. A distinction is made:
• Exit risks: knowledge loss, replacement cost
• shortage risks: period-oriented and functional capacity constraints, excessive demands on younger players, bad result
• Adapting risk: insufficient willingness to change and ability of employees, employer-side deficits in the qualification structure, reduced productivity due to "wrong" people. Adjustments are also required in respect of employment, working hours and pay system.
• Motivation risk: the actual capacity is not counted, the real amount of power provided (power reserve). But also: On Motivation: employee-side wasting up to burn-out.
• Loyalty risks: breach of fiduciary duty. deliberate damage to the employer (as opposed to lack of awareness of motivation for behavior change reasons)
B: PRO-scouting! (Implementation)
Can you make a GM blame if he is to the best of his knowledge and belief, but is ill-informed? If this error is detected, action is required and staff will be made available. The introduction of a database of potential players is an advantage. It should be collect as much data as possible and the actors are classified by a simple scoring system. Also important are the reasons for good or bad performance.
• Why is available on waiver / free agency?
• Which and how many injuries?
• How was the team before and (former) after he left?
• Private background? (the family is willing to move)
• Think about changes to the actor (KHL / SEL)?
Information makes the difference between success and failure. Who has the information already available can make quick decisions and anticipate the competition. With the trade deadline from the eyes will soon show whether the Dept. Pro Scouting has done his homework.
C: Control (follow up)
Control is presumed when a system theoretical point of view, a subsystem within the management company, whose core function is depending on the view in the planning, information management, coordination or fuse rationality.
After a comprehensive definition of terms can be understood as controlling the "procurement, processing and analysis of objective data to prepare fair decisions." In contrast to the controlling management activities can be understood as a decision support activity. Controlling this involves both system-forming and systemkoppelnde tasks. It is a decentralized, planning and control requires determined leadership as a model.
Controlling the term includes both functional and institutional aspects equally with one. The term "controlling" is used both to designate a staff position within the organization and leadership for the description of an activity or a process.
Controlling closes the circuit on the A and B acts (acts on decisions).
(Thanks to my wife for her scientific support on this issue.)
I've learned a lot from this publication and hereby apologize to Lowe and Tambellini. This has brought the three-part series to me.